Thursday, February 17, 2011

fourth blog assignment

I picked the statement, "You don't know what you've got til its gone" (Joni Mitchell). 
It always hurts me inside when loosing people who I love.  Sometimes I wish that people that you like and get to know super well would not move but that is not always the case in reality.  Two examples I came up with are:

When I was in fourth grade, one of  my best friends was moving down to flordia.  When I heard the news, I was very sad and did not know how life would be without her.  Throughout the years before she moved away, we did everything together.  So it did not hit me until I realized that she was not going to be beside me doing the regular thing we do together.  Even though we chat on facebook and skype, we have not seen each other in nine years.  It has gone by fast but I wonder if there will be a time when I get to see her again.  I really miss her and think about her from time to time.
Another friend who was very close to me in high school, who was from Japan.  It is a long confusing reasoning of why this is but in a nutshell she had to choose between living in the United States without her parents or living back in Japan.  She made so many friends and was close to her family both in the US and Japan that it was hard.  Also her grades were in consideration and she had to get a certain grade.  I remember she cried whenever we discussed it.  I knew she had a lot going on inside but as well as I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment